ArchiMate is a registered trademark of The Open Group
ArchiMate® 3.1 as an open and independent modelling language now complements The Open Group Architectural Framework (TOGAF). An essential skill that all IT architects must have is the ability to communication architectural ideas in a formal way.
- Participants should be able to make practical use of the ArchiMate® 3.1 modelling language for developing enterprise architecture models.
- Participants should have gained the knowledge of the terminology, structure and concepts needed to pass the ArchiMate® 3.1 Foundation and Certification examination.
- Your trainer is an expert architect who has led large scale transformation work in the real world
- We have been IT4IT Forum participants and leaders for years: We are the experts
|Delivery Method||Virtual Online|
You will learn to make practical use of the ArchiMate® 3.1 modeling language for developing enterprise architecture models, and gain knowledge of the terminology, structure and concepts needed to pass the ArchiMate® 3 Foundation and Certification examination.
This course is delivered in 3 full days in an interactive classroom environment using:
● Introduction to ArchiMate® 3.1 specification
● Walk-through of notation, terminology, structure, and concepts
● Hands-on exercises using modeling tools
● Case study approach with end-to-end application of ArchiMate modeling
● Group discussions
● Practice exams
Who should attend
● Enterprise Architects
● Business Architects
● Application / Software Architects
● Solution Architects
● System Architects
● Data architects, Information Architects
● Technology Architects
● Program and Project Managers
● Anyone with an interest in modeling
● Anyone who consumes IT architecture specifications
● Course Introduction
● Basic Concepts
● Language Structure
● Generic Metamodel
● Modeling Relationships
● Modeling Motivation
● Modeling Strategy
● The Business Layer
● The Application Layer
● The Technology Layer
● Modeling Physical Elements
● Cross-Layer Modeling
● Modeling Transformation
● Addressing Stakeholder Concerns Using Viewpoints and Views
● Language Customization Mechanisms
● Case Studies and Hands-on exercises
● Certification Exam preparation for level 1 and level 2 exams
ArchiMate 3 Part 1 and Part 2 examination for candidates who want to achieve Level 2 certification directly.
Exam Name: ArchiMate ® 3.1 Combined Part 1 and Part 2
Qualification upon passing: ArchiMate 3.1 Certified
Exam type: The exam comprises two sections. Section 1: 40 Simple Multiple-Choice questions + Section 2: 8
Scenario Based, Complex Multiple Choice
Number of questions: 48
Pass score: The pass mark for Part 1 is 60%, which means 24 or more points out of maximum of 40 points.
For Part 2, the pass mark is 70%, which means 28 or more points out of a maximum of 40 points. Note that you must pass both parts of the exam to achieve an overall pass result. If you fail either part you fail the examination, however, you only need retake the examination(s) corresponding to the failed section(s).
Time limit: 150 Minutes total. Each section has a maximum time limit as follows: 60 Minutes on ArchiMate 3.1 Part 1.
90 Minutes on ArchiMate 3.1 Part 2. Once you complete the ArchiMate 3.1 Part 1 section you cannot return to it.
There is no break between sections; Part 1 directly follows Part 2.